After a really busy week, the other Interns and I planned to go to Zion National Park today. I dropped Avril off first after our sleepover last night(she is just a sweetheart) and then rushed home to get ready for our trip.
Zion is about a 45 minute drive from Kanab, and we took 2 cars to go there but loaded up on one when we entered the park.
The drive was spectacular, and the views were awesome. We then hiked 3 trails, one was the Emerald Pools Trail. We hiked both the lower and upper trail. I was so out of shape and the altitude didn't help me one bit, I had to stop and asked the other interns to continue on because my heart was racing too fast, so I rested a few minutes and then caught up with them.
We then ate our snacks and then did two more small trails, the Weeping Rock trail and the Archaeology trail.
The beauty of Zion is breathtaking, and I can't find the words to describe what a wonderful experience to see some of it. I am looking forward to someday coming back. In the meantime, since I can't find words to do justice to Zion's beauty, here are some photos taken of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment