Today was bunny day! I got to spend my whole day at Rescue Village and Bunny House.
For those in the know, keeping the bunnies tend to mean a lot of cleaning, so I am glad I was able to help at Rescue Village and clean up Yurt #4. With years of having guinea pigs, I wasn't surprise by the amount of work that bunnies tend to bring, I used to devote a whole day to cleaning my guinea cages before, and that includes their spa day(nail trim, weighing, the occasional bath, etc) as well. I also got the chance to take photos of some of the bunnies at Rescue Village.
I finished a bit early in cleaning the yurt, so I took the opportunity to head to the Bunny House and find something that we can turn into a hoop. Luckily, there was a piece of wicker basket that I fashioned and cut into a hoop.
After lunch the other interns and I got the chance to meet with Dr. Frank again for just some Q&A. It was really nice that we were able to meet with Dr. Frank again, he has so much knowledge and information that it was really nice to have had the opportunity to meet him and ask him questions.
After the meeting with Dr. Frank, it was back to the bunnies for me, and I had the opportunity to work with Stella, and a little bit with Scout, on their hoop training. Stella did pretty well, I think she is starting to get the hang of it. I think it help that the hoop wasn't wide like the paper towel roll. So far, she is just walking through the hoop, maybe in the next training we can get her into actually jumping. :)
As for Scout, well, he is still quite young, and after having Stella in the enclosure before he was, he was more distracted, so I really wasn't able to go too far with him. Hopefully we can be better next time.
After the training, I got the chance to take photos of the bunnies at Bunny House. Here are some of them. :)
Tomorrow, I get to spend a full day at Colonel's Barracks! Looking forward to working with my project cats. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment