Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Week 3 Day 4: Colonel's Barracks, my Project Cats/Room

Some of the cats in my project Cat Room, Spooky's. Grace, Spring, Hermosa, Fredrika, Dublin and Brazil


I spent my morning at Colonel's Barracks and I got the chance to meet with my project cats; Gelato, Daphne Mae and Shasta. I will be concentrating on working with them, but I am technically working with the whole room, which is called Spooky's M.A.S.H.

Colonel's Barracks houses quite a number of shy cats, and some came from the Pahrump rescue.
My project room in particular houses 16 cats, and with the exception of Lady Opal and Yogi Bear, I am not able to get close and pet the other cats in the room.

I spent part of the morning helping Mike with the meds and the feeding, after that I spent majority of my time inside Spooky's where I gave treats and tried to coax my project cats with some baby food. Shasta and Gelato did take some of the baby food from my fingers. I was able to give Shasta baby food while she was on one of the beds on the rafters. Gelato took some of the baby food while she was on one of the branches they use to climb onto the rafters. I wasn't able to get to Daphne Mae, but she did take some of the treats I placed directly above my head on the rafters as I was feeding Shasta. I also got the chance to walk Onyx before I headed out for lunch before our Hummer Tour.

Here are some photos from my morning. :)
Gorgeous Shasta

Taking some baby food from my fingers. :)

Pretty Gelato

Daphne Mae. Isn't she beautiful?

Keeping her eyes on me.

Spring

Dublin

Brazil

Mehitabel loves her baby food.

Mehitabel soaking in some sun

Onyx out for a walk

Onyx and I

Tomorrow, it's back to the Bunny House and Dog training in the afternoon with Avril. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment