Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 2 Day 5: Bunny House and Dog Training

Today I got the chance to work at the Bunny House for the second time. It was a bittersweet day because I lost one of my guinea pigs, Roxie sometime in the the night, she passed in her sleep and I find comfort in knowing that she didn't suffer. She was 6 1/2 years old. she is definitely going to be missed.
My sweet girl, Roxie. She is going to be missed.


I got the chance to spend a lot of time with the guinea pigs today. I cleaned the room they were on and then since it was nice out, I took the 3 guinea pigs at the Bunny House outdoors and they soaked in some sun. :)
Lap time with Stella



Rufus wants to be out.



Scout seeking shade

Stella is such a goof.


I also got the chance to explore and take photos of the bunnies, I do wish I remember their names, but my brain had been inundated with so many names it is hard to keep track, but they are all adoptable and you can find some of their profiles here.

Next time I am working with bunnies, I am going to try to teach the pigs how to jump through a hoop. I was able to train one of my guinea pigs, Eric, to jump through a hoop before, so I am hoping to teach the 3 guinea pigs here the same thing. :)


In the afternoon, we had our weekly dog training class with our project dog. Avril did much better this time than our second class, she was still a bit distracted, but she is able to focus more this week. We practiced what we learned last week and then learned about "leave it" and "come" we will definitely try to find sometime this coming week to practice the things that we have learned so far.

Right now, Avril is on a sleepover with me, and so far, so good, actually it is great. :) Such a sweetheart, this girl.

Tomorrow is my day off and the other interns and I are going to Zion National Park. I am pretty excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment