Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Volunteering at pigs and Mac and Cheese. :)

Handsome Panda

I had a very busy day today. I woke up early to make homemade macaroni and cheese for the animal areas at Best Friends. I have never made such a huge volume that I was a bit nervous it won't turn out good.

My morning was spent cooking, and before noon, Katie, Kaila, Jessie and Leah came by to pick up some of the trays and deliver it to the animal areas. Then we met for lunch at Angel Village and they said that all of the caregivers were grateful and I heard after lunch that the mac and cheese was great. I was so happy that people enjoyed them. I just wanted the interns and I to be able to show how much we appreciate what they have taught us and what they do for the animals.

After lunch I volunteered at Piggy Paradise, it was my last volunteer day there. Once I got there, the caregivers immediately thanked me for lunch. Ron, one of the horse caregiver, gave me a hug and said he absolutely appreciated what we did.

I walked Panda, Arnold, Cherry and Hazel(tried to) and then helped with feeding, I also got the chance to give Panda a belly scratch with a rake which he loved! I even got the chance to hang out with Kodi for a bit as I rested.

Out for a walk







Horsies!



Panda enjoying his scrathes

Hazel

Jeffery

Jezebelle

Handsome Kodi

I will miss pigs and horses, the people that work there are definitely dedicated about the animals that are there. I will miss Panda, he has given me quite an adventure and all the pigs gave me a great introduction to what pigs are really like. I really hope that he realizes one day how much the people at pigs care about him. I haven't said goodbye yet, since I plan to visit the day after our internship ends just to say goodbye to the animal areas and buildings that I have worked for, and to visit my project animals as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment