Today was quite an adventure at Piggy Paradise. I first walked Panda and he seemed to be in pretty good spirits, we went our usual route, but somehow somewhere after we passed the flagpole and turned, he started running. I ran after him and he wanted to cross the road. I know that that is a no-no and I was surprised he didn't get spooked by the texture of the road on his feet. I happen to have also forgotten to get a radio before we left so I didn't have a choice but to try to get him back on my own. He sure didn't like it, and he grunted to show his displeasure. After a few minutes I finally got him out of the road and back to our usual route, but he was still very cranky that he kept on going of our route and wanted to explore different areas. Finally halfway through our walk and after a lot of treats, he seemed to have calmed down and we finally got back.
After walking Panda, I also walked Arnold. He was definitely a much easier walk than Panda was, and I made sure I got a radio and we changed our route, and with that I got the chance to pass by where the goats are, and also look at the horses.
After the interesting walks, I got to help feed, poop scoop and refill their water bowls.
I am volunteering again next week and I am hoping that Panda will be in a better mood. I do get to work with pigs this week so I am hoping to work with him more. :)
Tomorrow I will be working at Benton's, one of the cat buildings, and Old Friends. It is definitely going to be a good one for me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment