Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

My Reflections on my Second Week

My second week has been very busy, and I really like it. I was able to experience and see a whole lot of new things, and also learn in the process.

It was really interesting to see the Parelli Demo and I was so amazed at the subtle changes from the horse in such a short amount of time.

Puppy class was also such a delight. I conclude that puppies make the world a better place. :)

I also realized that one thing I can do to honor the ones that I have lost is to pay it forward, I am pretty sure that is what my furkids would want me to do in their honor.

It was also nice to have a sleepover with my project dog. I am really hoping that I make a difference for her, and that she finds here forever home soon, because she absolutely deserves it.

It was also nice to spend time with a number of species this week, I learned a lot this week and it is nice to be more sure about what I want to do in life in the process, and knowing or at least having a better idea of what I need to do next to move forward. :)

Seeing and exploring Zion National Park was also an experience. It also gave me a lesson on how to push myself to do something new and step out of my comfort zone. I never hike, nor am I one to explore the outdoors as much, but going to Zion gave me much more resolve to explore more often. There is too much beauty in the world for me to see. :) Also, it made me realize that it is okay to take a break at times, coz then you get to refocus and enjoy life more. Taking a pause when I was out of breath gave me a chance to recuperate and re-group myself, and soak in the beauty of Zion more as I was sitting on that rock, and once I was okay, I got to catch up with the other interns and enjoy the view there as well. :)

But furthermore, it was nice to see and have new people become my new friends as we continue to have shared experiences during our stay here. We may come from different walks of life, but it is nice to see that having a common love for animals gave us the opportunity to meet each other here and develop ourselves and also develop friendships in the process. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment