Today I got to spend time with my project cats at Colonel's Barracks, and basically everyone at Spooky's room. As I entered the room I was greeted by Grace, Brazil, and surprisingly even Shasta, who rubbed herself on the post when I said hello. That made me really happy. :) there was also a new guy that came in, his name is Tom and he is a gorgeous orange tabby, and he seemed to be very friendly.
With a jar of food and a bag of treats, I got the chance to interact with Shasta, Gelato and Daphne Mae. I was able to feed Shasta some baby food inside and that was a change from last time where she was at the rafters. Gelato also took treats and baby food from me, and when I tried to pet her, she hesitated to go away and then went back to eating baby food. Daphne Mae also came down for some treats. She kept here distance, but I am glad that she felt comfortable enough to accept treats from me.
There wasn't much improvement on how close I got to them, but Mike put it in perspective for me when he said that for cats, it takes a lot of time and patience, but that I should know that once they do start to trust humans, all the little kindness and interaction they had in the past adds up, and that I will have something to do with it, if and when my project cats start to turn around. That really gave me something to think about, and I definitely appreciated hearing that.
I also ate my lunch at Spooky's, and it was interesting to see that one of the most shy cats, Spring, enticed by the smell of my lunch, came over to me and sniffed my shoe. :)
I can see so much potential with the cats in Spooky's room, sometimes you can even tell that they are interested in human contact by the way they are looking at you. I really hope that someday they realize that not all humans are bad, and that we care about them. :)
Here are some photos from today with the cats at Spooky's M.A.S.H.
No comments:
Post a Comment