
I was also able to work with my fellow intern, Leah, at parrots. We helped refill the cockatoo's bowls, hand out treats to the cockatoos, and also went in to give treats to the cockatiels and budgies, and the rest of the parrots downstairs.





Sometime in the morning, the other interns and I also attended the Puppy Mill socialization class. We learned about puppy mills and how to raise awareness and how to help the cause. To learn more about puppy mills, visit http://puppymills.bestfriends.org We also got the chance to socialize with some dogs and my were they all crazy for treats. :)
In the afternoon, I got to spend time with Avril, I took her to Angels Landing and also took the Hidden Lake Walking Trail. The only thing though is that we never really found the hidden lake. But we did get to see a whole lot more, and it was nice to explore a a new place with Avril. She also did well our walk and seemed to listen to me a bit better. Her loose leash walking has
definitely improved and overall, I find spending time with Avril was great and it allows me to get to know her a bit better. After our walk, I took her back to the Garden and then proceeded to the bunkhouse for reflections. Our reflections this week was about an animal, that is not our project animal, and to tell their story and to give information about our suggestions to better care and fulfill the needs of the animal. I wrote about Panda, who technically is an informal project animal as my work with him is more during my volunteer hours.Tomorrow, I will be back the the Bunny House and it will be our second clicker training session. I have to admit I am looking forward to working with the guinea pigs at bunnies tomorrow. :)












No comments:
Post a Comment