Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 4 Day 5: Jill's Diner, Dog Training and Avril time at Angels Landing

The view from Angels Landing

Today I got to spend some time at Jill's Diner in the morning. It is one of the smaller buildings in Cat World. Because the main caregiver that day had to do quite a few things, I had the opportunity to do more than usual and helped with meds, feeds and cleaning. At first I was nervous because I was sort of in charge for a few minutes, but it was also a good thing because it also tested me as to what I have learned for the past few weeks here.

There were also a lot of wonderful cats at Jill's Diner. One cat, Mercedes, decided to be on my lap for awhile. She was a real sweetheart about it. :) Here are some photos from my morning ar Jill's:

Yam and Coco



Jasmine




Stripes




Fantom

Papa is the spoiled cat at Jill's. :) He is a sweetheart.

Jag




Matika

Trapper John

Silhouette

Mercedes and I



Alice

In the afternoon, we got to do our last Dog Training with Jen. We got to practice our sit/stays and learned how to do "down" and Avril did good, but we will need to work on her down a bit. After the training, I got the chance to spend some time with Avril. I took her to Angels Landing and we practiced some clicker training there, then we just hung out for awhile.

It is so amazing how much of a relationship I was able to build with Avril, I think she had benefited from the training, and I hope that someone builds up on that. She is such a great dog, I hope she finds her home sooner than later.

Awww...




Avril and I

Tomorrow after I return my sleepover dog, it should be just a relaxing day for me, since it is going to be snowing. Then on Monday will be a busy day as I am making a few batches of macaroni and cheese for all the caregivers at all the animal areas at Best Friends, and then I will be volunteering at pigs, which is my last volunteer day. I can't believe week 5 is upon us. I feel like there is more for me to do here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment