Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 4 Day 1: Snow, All day at the Quincy House, TNR Talk, Pit Bull Initiative

It snowed early today. I am definitely getting my snow driving practice here. :)


I spent all day at the Quincy House today. I cleaned room 3, which has Gaston, who is definitely growing on me because he is just like all 3 of my cats rolled into one. I also love going to Quincy House because of Thumper, who is just too adorable. :)

In the afternoon I got to assist in cleaning room 2 and I also assisted in their grooming and their physical therapy. Tiny Tim and Hermes were the ones that had therapy today, and their were quite a few that had their nails trimmed too.

I must say, one of the several places I am going to miss the most when I finish my internship would be the Quincy House. There are just so many wonderful cats here that I absolutely adore. :)

Sometime in the morning, I also went to the TNR talk. TNR is short for Trap, Neuter, Return. This is a program to help curb the population of feral cats, and a way to help the community. It was very interesting to hear more information about this program and the impact that it has. In fact there is a site set up that has data on how much is saved with having a TNR program, the talking points and general points in specific areas of the country. The link can be found here.

Then in the afternoon, one of the coordinators gave a talk about the Pit Bull Initiative. The Pit Bull initiative aims to spread the word and curb the bad reputation that the media has set about Pit Bulls. The talk also gave insight on the history of how every generation has a specific breed of dog that is vilified.

My blog wouldn't be complete without photos, so here are some photos of the wonderful cats at Quincy House. :)

Montana, Hermes and Gladys chillin' at the lobby.

Pretty Gladys

New cat, Snowball.

Hermes

Montana

Hermes having a ball with a catnip toy



Franklin had to have his fur shaved today. I think he wasn't happy about the process, what definitely loved the end result. No more itchies!

Alfie snoozing away. I got to pet him a few times before he woke up, I heard that is a good thing for this very shy cat.




No visit to the Quincy House Room 3 will be complete without laptime with Gaston. :)

Piewacket. I love him too. :)






Awww...

New guy, Stewie. :)

A trio of tabbies. :)

Robbie

Hope




Anthony

Tomorrow, it is going to be my turn at Wild Friends, and all afternoon I will be spending some time with my project animals. :) We will also have a chance to meet with Sherry Woodard, Best Friends' Animal Behavior Consultant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment