Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

It's a Rainy Day! Time for Week 3 Reflections

It was snowing and raining today, so we decided not to head out to Bryce Canyon. I decided to just do my chores and catch up on some things, and because it is snowing, it is also a fine time to write about my reflections for this week.

Working mostly with cats this week, I realized just how much I love cats. I love all animals, but cats and guinea pigs are the loves of my life. I also realized just how hard it is to earn and/or regain an animal's trust, particularly a cat. It makes me want to focus more on animal behavior, particularly feline behavior on my future studies. Working with my project room for the first time this week was definitely an eye opener, it makes me determined to make a difference in these cats' lives and at least get them more used to humans, in the hope that someday they will see that there are some humans who deeply care about them.

Training guinea pigs once again made me miss my guinea pigs. They have been such a huge part of my life that I can't picture my life without them. This also renews my resolve to specialize in exotics and small mammals in the future.

Pigs have been a huge part of my stay here at Best Friends, that they are starting to grow on me. Part of me is actually rethinking pork, because now I associate them with a living, breathing being, and I have worked and walked with them and it is just hard to forget that.

I also realized just how much I love working with animals more and more each day. While at times it can be quite a challenge, I can see in myself that I am much more willing to accept challenges and much more determined to overcome them when it comes to the welfare of animals. It gives me so much more energy to do more for my future career and to do more in general for animal welfare. It makes me look forward to finishing my VetTech degree and look forward to being able to do more for the animals, and try to make a difference in their lives, one animal at a time. :)

Tomorrow I am volunteering for pigs and horses. I am looking forward to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment