I was back at Quincy House today. I got the chance to help with some of the meds, but most especially, I got the chance to socialize with quite a few of them, and I want to introduce some of them to you. :)
Here are some of the cats at Quincy House, Room 1(FIV+):
Some of the Quincy House Lobby cats:
My favorite Quincy House cat, Thumper(don't tell the others I said that)
One of the cutest faces ever.
Gaston and I. :)
In the afternoon, I went to pick-up Avril and did some clicker training with her. She was a bit distracted and was a bit reactive. We had to do focus exercise, loose leash, let's go and walking on my left side. even though it took Avril a bit of time, I think she was able to grasp some of the concept. I don't really blame her if she wasn't paying attention to me, I didn't know what I was doing. but hopefully things will improve as the training continues and as she gets comfortable with me.
After the training we went for a walk and I took her to the Welcome Center, where she got quite a few pets from the staff there. It also looks like she was paying more attention to me and although she pulls, she does respond to the command, "let's go", which is a good thing and something I am happy about.
Well, my first week at Best Friends is done and I am so looking forward to starting my second week! Tomorrow is rest and chore day for me and the next day, I will be working with pigs! I will be working with a pig that has issues, his name is Panda and he has fear aggression issues. He is not a formal project animal, but I am looking forward to working with him during my next 2 Monday, and hopefully we at least see some improvement.
Before I go take a much needed sleep, here is a photo of me and Gaston. He reminds me so much of how my cat, Smokey, looks like, but with the color of my other cat, Gabby, and the sweetness that Gabby exhibits towards my husband. I thoroughly enjoyed having a cat insist on lap time. :)
After the training we went for a walk and I took her to the Welcome Center, where she got quite a few pets from the staff there. It also looks like she was paying more attention to me and although she pulls, she does respond to the command, "let's go", which is a good thing and something I am happy about.
Well, my first week at Best Friends is done and I am so looking forward to starting my second week! Tomorrow is rest and chore day for me and the next day, I will be working with pigs! I will be working with a pig that has issues, his name is Panda and he has fear aggression issues. He is not a formal project animal, but I am looking forward to working with him during my next 2 Monday, and hopefully we at least see some improvement.
Before I go take a much needed sleep, here is a photo of me and Gaston. He reminds me so much of how my cat, Smokey, looks like, but with the color of my other cat, Gabby, and the sweetness that Gabby exhibits towards my husband. I thoroughly enjoyed having a cat insist on lap time. :)
Gaston and I. :)ETA: To view some of the photos from our first training class, and the Interns' photos with their project dog, here is a link to the album on BFAS-The Learning Experience's Facebook page.
No comments:
Post a Comment