I also got the chance to meet their 3 adorable guinea pigs up for adoption. Their names are Stella, Scout and Rufus. Stella lives alone while Rufus and Scout are housed together. They are absolutely adorable and they made me miss my guinea pigs so much.
After spending half my morning at the Bunny House, I went over and our coordinator and the rest of the interns did our Week 1 reflections, which basically asked us about our expectations of Kanab and of Best Friends and if it was different once we got here. Let's just say what I wrote kind of made some teary eyed, I think I'm still feeling a bit excited and nervous, and I also miss my family, so that is probably why what I wrote was emotional to say the least. I kind of wish I had a copy of it. Maybe I will ask our coordinator for a copy at some point.
For the afternoon today, I got the chance to work where my project dog, Avril, currently resides, which is at the Garden, and I got to spend time with her.
Sometime during my stay there at the garden though, I had to go to a dog assessment. It was led my Tamara, and we got to witness an assessment for two dogs, Maiden and Sugar Tart. It was very interesting to watch. The dogs were assessed by checking how they respond to food, touching, noise, etc.
First up was Maiden and she was very shy an unsure of herself, but she was still able to be approved for things like outings and sleepovers, just with more precaution.
The next one was Sugar Tart, who I got to pickup at the Fairway. Sugar Tart was definitely the opposite of Maiden, the first dog that was assessed. Sugar Tart was more outgoing and was definitely not shy. She also got approved for sleepovers and outings and for agility training, so that she can use up all the extra energy for something productive.
Once I got back to the Garden, I helped in clearing up their bowl as they just finished eating, and then I got the chance to socialize with them.
Aside from Avril, I also got the chance to spend some time with Bastian, who is her runmate. He usually just said a quick hello and then out to the outside part of the run he goes.
I also got the chance to meet the other dogs there. They were all amazing dogs, but two of them stood out for me. One was Cyrus, he was just such a sweet handsome dog and those eyes were just asking you for love. The other one was Meg, she is a sweet girl and she just has these adorable ears.
Awwww... :)
Tomorrow I will be back at Quincy house in the morning, and then in the afternoon we go for our first dog training class and Avril and I will have some time to spend together. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment