Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Blessing at Angels Rest


After our work day, I decided to go to the blessing at Angels Rest. Angels Rest is the area at the sanctuary where the sanctuary animals are laid to rest. Every last Thursday of the month, they do a blessing for the animals that have passed within the month.

The ceremony was very solemn and moving, we were given the opportunity to share stories about our animals as well. I really wanted to, but knew that if I did I would be crying my eyes out. I actually spoke to one of the speakers and asked if I can just email them and hopefully they get to read it for the next month, which I also plan to attend. I am hoping that I can honor my beloved pets and show my gratitude towards the lessons they have taught me, and the unconditional love they have given me.

We were also encouraged to get a piece of stone from a basket and lay it on an area at Angels Rest that spoke to us, or if not, keep it to be a memory for us of the blessing. I chose to keep mine, as the rock seemed like it belong to where my animals rested at home.

After the ceremony, some of the interns gathered for some dinner at one of the restaurants in town. It was really nice to be able to get to know more about the interns and get a change to spend time with them as most of the time we are in different areas when we work and only get the chance to see each other during our lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment