I got the chance to prepare their meds in the morning, and help with nebulizing and preparing their fluids, I also got the chance to prepare their Forti Flora. I also got the chance to assist in their buut baths and oh my, some of them really despise it! but some are just pretty cool with it too.
There is this cat named Spud, who resides in the lobby, has an interesting story, he was going through neuter surgery when he had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and he actually died on the table but got revived, but because he was dead for a few minutes, he suffered from brain damage and now he seems to live in his own world, and loves it! He regularly roams around the lobby doing his own thing. He doesn't seem to be blind, but because of the damage he incurred from the anesthesia incident, he just seems to be unable to focus or connect what he's seeing to what's going on.
Mr. Spud, such a cutie!
In one of the FIV+ rooms, Lacey immediately came up to me and started purring, she is such a sweet girl, and you can tell that she loves the attention!
In one of the FIV+ rooms, Lacey immediately came up to me and started purring, she is such a sweet girl, and you can tell that she loves the attention!
Pretty Miss Lacey with her milk moustache. :)
The Quincy House is such a wonderful place to work, so many wonderful cats too. and I definitely learned a lot about the care of special needs cats, and while it was a very busy morning, I learned a lot of valuable skills and took in a lot of information that would definitely come in handy in the future for me.
I was only there for three hours, as I needed to meet my potential project dogs. Last night, I couldn't narrow it down because all of them are awesome. I did manage to whittle it down to 21, and so my coordinator arranged for me to meet some of the dogs at the Fairway, since the bulk of my choices were there. I got to meet Clayton, Fire and Anika. Clayton was still a very young dog, so he was very high energy, and strong too. Fire is such a sweetheart, she didn't want me to stop petting her, and she seems a little shy. Anika was also a sweetheart, and she was also very receptive of the pets I have given her.
After meeting them, I still couldn't decide, so my coordinator arranged for me to meet a few other dogs after lunch, I was going to meet Sherlock, who I saw during our tour, but before that I went to the Garden, to meet Avril. I have mentioned her in a previous blog. I was honestly surprised no one picked her for a project dog yet, because I was certain someone was going to. So off I went to meet Avril and walked her for a bit, and I must admit, she stole my heart. Avril is now my project dog. :) while I didn't choose the other ones, I guess it was meant for me to work with Avril. Somehow I think we both understand each other, and I feel like I can learn a lot from her, especially on how to have so much love to give, after all that she has been through. In a way, I feel like she chose me and things just fell in place.

The Quincy House is such a wonderful place to work, so many wonderful cats too. and I definitely learned a lot about the care of special needs cats, and while it was a very busy morning, I learned a lot of valuable skills and took in a lot of information that would definitely come in handy in the future for me.
I was only there for three hours, as I needed to meet my potential project dogs. Last night, I couldn't narrow it down because all of them are awesome. I did manage to whittle it down to 21, and so my coordinator arranged for me to meet some of the dogs at the Fairway, since the bulk of my choices were there. I got to meet Clayton, Fire and Anika. Clayton was still a very young dog, so he was very high energy, and strong too. Fire is such a sweetheart, she didn't want me to stop petting her, and she seems a little shy. Anika was also a sweetheart, and she was also very receptive of the pets I have given her.
After meeting them, I still couldn't decide, so my coordinator arranged for me to meet a few other dogs after lunch, I was going to meet Sherlock, who I saw during our tour, but before that I went to the Garden, to meet Avril. I have mentioned her in a previous blog. I was honestly surprised no one picked her for a project dog yet, because I was certain someone was going to. So off I went to meet Avril and walked her for a bit, and I must admit, she stole my heart. Avril is now my project dog. :) while I didn't choose the other ones, I guess it was meant for me to work with Avril. Somehow I think we both understand each other, and I feel like I can learn a lot from her, especially on how to have so much love to give, after all that she has been through. In a way, I feel like she chose me and things just fell in place.
Thirsty Avril. This was the only photo I took of her that day as I was busy getting to know her. :)
I also resolved that the ones that I met but didn't choose, I would take for a sleepover. I'm hoping that to at least do that for them.
Some time during lunch today, they did a weekly update as well, which is led by one of the founders, and during today's update we also got introduced and asked to stand up.
After I finally chose(or got chosen) my project dog, it was parrot time! I had the chance to make them toys and interact with them. I was also able to assist in their afternoon to do list and I particularly enjoyed cleaning their area as I was able to clean and admire them at the same time. :) But most of all I got the chance to take their gorgeous pictures when I got done. Here are some of them:

Some time during lunch today, they did a weekly update as well, which is led by one of the founders, and during today's update we also got introduced and asked to stand up.
After I finally chose(or got chosen) my project dog, it was parrot time! I had the chance to make them toys and interact with them. I was also able to assist in their afternoon to do list and I particularly enjoyed cleaning their area as I was able to clean and admire them at the same time. :) But most of all I got the chance to take their gorgeous pictures when I got done. Here are some of them:
This cockatoo actually know how to open the door, good thing there is a second lock. :)
Before I left the Parrot Garden, I also got the chance to interact with King O! He is such an awesome bird. He was so habby and so animated. I absolutely adore him! He even has a Facebook Fan page. Yes, he is that awesome! :)
O and I, I adore him!
I am enjoying my time here at Best Friends, I can't wait to go back tomorrow, I get to work at the Bunny House(heard they have guinea pigs) and will be working where Avril resides in the afternoon!
I am enjoying my time here at Best Friends, I can't wait to go back tomorrow, I get to work at the Bunny House(heard they have guinea pigs) and will be working where Avril resides in the afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment